The Aims and Ethos of Our School
Our Motto is: A small school, with a big heart and a love for learning.
- Our small school has a family ethos. It is rich, with many cultures joining together in mutual respect, trust and fairness. We have fostered strong community links at local, national and global levels and included a wide range of people, schools, businesses and professional bodies to help us ensure that learning is at the heart of all that we do.
- Our big heart ensures that children and adults know they are cared for socially, morally, spiritually and emotionally. Safeguarding our children is of key importance. We do this with them so that they can access a curriculum that is challenging, broad and balanced. We all strive to: Be the Best We Can Be.
- We want our children, staff and parents to love learning. This means we strive to ensure our teaching is of the highest quality across the school to ensure excellent learning behaviours. Our curriculum must; have high expectations; foster curiosity and engagement; provide vibrant and immersive environments that are relevant, broad and balanced.
- Homework is linked to our themes and encourages creativity and fun. It is project linked with a choice of activities and encourages parental engagement. The quality of themed homework is of a high standard and many children are motivated to research at home and share their work in school.
Below you’ll find an outline of ours which will show you the educational model that we strive for:
At St. Nicholas Primary School we undertake to :-
- Provide a safe and happy work place.
- Promote a thoughtful attitude towards the immediate and wider environment.
- Foster a love of learning.
- Foster self-esteem and personal responsibility, linked to respect for the needs and feelings of others.
- Facilitate considerate and positive relationships between all members of the school community and help children grow into reliable, independent and positive citizens.
- Ensure equal opportunities in relation to gender, race, class, special needs and belief.
- Value and respect all cultures.