Humber Education Trust Knowledge and Vocabulary Progression Intent
The Design & Technology curriculum will:
● use creativity and imagination, to design and make products that solve real and relevant problems within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
● acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on disciplines such as mathematics, science, engineering, computing and art.
● learn how to take risks, becoming resourceful, innovative, enterprising and capable citizens.
● evaluate past and present design and technology in order to develop a critical understanding of its impact on daily life and the wider world.
● acquire the skills and knowledge to make a contribution to the creativity, culture, wealth and well-being of the nation as design technologists